Slade Hall Basement - University of Vermont
Source: AUD (boombox) > C(2) > DAT
Transfer: DAT(c) @ 44.1k > Sony PCM-R500 > Tascam SS-R1 > Samplitude Pro X (fades, edits) > TLH(fix SBE, flac 8)
Thanks to Steve Mortlock for the DAT
Transfer & edits by Jeff Mitchell ([email protected]
Seeded to etree 2013-10-03
s1t01 - Ignition Sequence
s1t02 - The Midnight Hour
s1t03 - Wild Child 
s1t04 - Jam >
s1t05 - Bertha 
s1t06 - Can't You Hear Me Knockin' 
s1t07 - Camel Walk 
s1t08 - Eyes Of The World 
s1t09 - Whipping Post 
 First known Phish performance.
 First known performance.
 First known Phish performance; Jeff on vocals.
 Marc Daubert on percussion.
· St. Stephen tease in Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Notes: The setlist for this show might be incomplete, as the recordings that circulate cut during Drums. Marc Daubert made a guest appearance on percussion. This show featured the first known performance of Camel Walk and the first known Phish performances of Wild Child, Bertha, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Eyes of the World, and Whipping Post (which featured Jeff on vocals). CYHMK included a St. Stephen tease. Copies of this performance often circulate with the incorrect date of November 3, 1983. Also, it is possible that this show was actually on Friday, November 2, 1984, as a photo of a flyer for a show on “11/2” was printed in The Phish Book.
- Diginoise at ~04:31 in Midnight Hour patched with another DAT received from Steve Mortlock
- Diginoise at ~04:38 in Midnight Hour patched with another DAT received from Steve Mortlock
- Diginoise at ~04:44 in Midnight Hour patched with another DAT received from Steve Mortlock
- Dropout at ~00:48 in Bertha patched with #1907. The volume was dropped by -.96dB to make it a seamless transition
- The end of Can't You Hear Me Knockin' was cut, the beginning of Camel walk was missing. Fades were applied.
- Dropout at ~00:06 in Eyes Of The World patched with #1907
- Dropout at ~00:39 in Eyes Of The World; present on all 3 sources.
- Dropout/tape flip at ~04:36 in Eyes Of The World; present on all 3 sources
- Diginoise at ~04:47 in Eyes Of The World patched with #1907. The volume was dropped by -1.5dB to make it a seamless transition
- Dropout at ~02:30 in Whipping Post; present on all 3 sources.
Patch Source Info:
I received 2 DATs from Steve of this show. The DATs were labeled differently but the waveforms were nearly identical. It is my opinion that the circulating source (#1907) and the two DATs I got from Steve are all derived from the same source (AUD (boombox) > C(2) > DAT).
Source: Aud > cass/2 > DAT
Conversion: DA-P1 > Fiji > Sound Forge 4.5 > CD Wave > SHN v3
Conversion and Encoding by Mike Wren 11/3/00