July 02, 1989
Sets I & II
From the Ammons Archive
Ted Mattes FOB recording: Schoeps CMC42s (omnis spaced 8 feet) > Panasonic SV250.
John Ammons Transfer: from his DAT clone of the master.
DAT Master > Sony PCM601/Beta > DAT > Roland SRC-2 sample rate/format converter (from SPDIF to Optical) > Audacity 3.0 at 44K > Wave.
Joe Noel Track, Flac, Patch, Pack & Seed: Wave > Audacity > track/label > export multiple > flac 16/44.
Checksum & tags created in xACT.
* s1t01: all
** s1t02: 0:20 - 0:23 & 1:05 - 1:09
* (134395) AKG C460b + (99912) Nakamichi CM300/CP4 (both FOB) = (blend)
** (133781) AKG 414-BTL FOB, DAT
- Los Lobos opened
- Warning: this recording may cause side effects, symptoms including; distraction, utter joy, life reaffirming moments & in rare instances time travel.
- This was a quintessential New England summer day. I stood just at the top of the pathway into the stadium for hours with my eyes closed, an index finger checking the wind direction & an extended palm. It was a nice vantage point to hear Los Lobos. Mind you, I was sore I was missing them. Patiently I waited, when "it" happened I opened my eyes finding a very young girl, maybe 8 years old & her mother standing before me with an extra ticket. Her mom said "She insisted you have it." I will never forget it. Not because I got miracle'd but because of the smile on this young girls face. It's forever etched into my memory. While exchanging pleasantries, we walked into the show together, upon reaching the field, Sabrina saw Jan Sawka's stage artwork & gasped. She thought it was beautiful & like that, Mom was off in Sabrina's tow. I saw them later on during The Wheel & Sabrina came & danced with us. When Dear Mr Fantasy hit, Sabrina jumped for joy & sang along. When Hey Jude broke, she erupted again. But it wasn't until The Mighty Quinn encore that Sabrina, who didn't, shockingly, know it. She picked up on the theme immediately & danced like a soldier would march. She was our pied piper there & it was a simple & pure moment. - Joe.
- Ted Mattes for this stellar recording
- John Ammons for sharing his Archives with us
- Dan Tepper, Danny Thomson & Andrew F for their recordings & efforts
- Droncit for his efforts on the Thompson pull
- Sabrina & her Mom
d1t01 - "How ya'll doing??"
d1t02 - Playing in the Band ->
d1t03 - Crazy Fingers ->
d1t04 - Wang Dang Doodle
d1t05 - We Can Run
d1t06 - Tennessee Jed
d1t07 - Queen Jane Approximately
d1t08 - To Lay Me Down
d1t09 - tuning
d1t10 - Cassidy ->
d1t11 - Don't Ease Me In
d2t01 - Friend of the Devil
d2t02 - Truckin' ->
d2t03 - He's Gone ->
d2t04 - Eyes of the World ->
d2t05 - Drums ->
d3t01 - Space ->
d3t02 - The Wheel ->
d3t03 - Dear Mr Fantasy ->
d3t04 - Hey Jude ->
d3t05 - Sugar Magnolia
d3t06 - encore break
d3t07 - Quinn the Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)
- last 1st-set "Playin": 07-04-87  or 12-27-86 
- last 1st-set "Crazy Fingers": 04-04-86 
Show information is embedded within the header of each flac file.
It will display on any player capable of directly playing flac files.
If converted to wav during processing, all tags will be stripped,
however audio data will remain unaffected. If you must
transcode to a lossy format, do so directly Flac > Lossy.
Use ffp or st5 to validate audio integrity.
Md5 values will change if tagging is altered.
(J.Noel 0 May 2017)