|Disc Counts||2 / 2|
|Source Summary||flac16; Source: AKG 393 ORTF loge front row center, 5' stand + A27 vert mount + AT8410 shocks> B18 > Denecke AD-20 44.1 > Sony PCM-1 > Zoltrix Nightengale PCI> CdWav record & split> FLAC, ShnTool; Taped and seeded by kung (Steve Behan)|
|Other Sources (comments)
flac16; Source:... (3) flac16; Source:... (1) flac16; RETRACK Source:... (0)
from www.mmwsetlists.com :
10/31/2003 - Beacon Theater - New York NY
One Set Only: Improv > [unknown or new song]*, Henduck, [unknown or new song]**> Drum Solo > Start/Stop > [unknown or new song]***> [unknown or new song]$, [unknown or new song] > Jelly Belly, Afro Blue, Improv$$,
Encore: Chubb Sub > Dracula, Night Marchers
* also played 8-21-03 and 8-22-03
** also played 8-22-03 and Spring '03 - upbeat tempo
*** slow tempo ala Smoke
$ w/ Marc Ribot - possibly a cover
$$ could be Improv or a new song
|10/04/2004||Diana||I'll update the txt if someone has the set in tracklist form, thanks!|
I've labeled d2t04 as Reflector Improv. This has been noted as Bloody Oil, which it is not. I had noted it before, for myself, as a Bloody Oil-ish Improv but after listening to it again I think it has more in common with the tune Reflector and was an earlier version of the tune that MMW then developed into Reflector:
- Billy's beat is very similar
- the descending pattern that emerges is NOT found in Bloody Oil, but is in Reflector
- Ribot's playing seems a precursor to what he did on the EOTWPjic album
So, I've labeled the tune that way.
Please share any thoughts you might have....I'm curious to hear if others agree....
The d1t02 Whiney Bitches Improv labeling follows the same idea: It's not quite the tune, but quite obviously an earlier version before the band quite decided what to do with it.
Another setlist update/correction:
- d2t04 is now more appropriately labeled Anonymous Skulls Improv (I got my tunes mixed up). Thanks to Ryan on the torrent page for clarifying this. This track is definitely and early/loose version of the tune that became Anonymous Skulls AND is very cool....
Minor maintenance to setlist (updates, segues, typos, etc.)
This source has been trumped by a retracked version.