PHiSH - 2/93
Soundchecks from 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 and 2/22/93
source: cSBD > DAT (44.1)
transfer: Casio DA-R100 > M-Audio 24/96 via Coax SPDIF > Wavelab > CD-WAV > SHNv3
mastering info: Wavelab's audio montage was used to cut out areas of "dead air" and apply fades to hard cuts. X-Noise was used to remove some of the noise floor from the cassette. The following mastering processes were applied: Waves 4-band EQ (roll-off at 40, +2 at 2000, +2 at 4400, +2 at 10500), Blue Tubes FA770 Compressor, BBE Sonic Maximizer (lo contour at 2, process at 3), Blue Tubes LM2S limiter. The resulting .WAV was tracked in CD-WAV and converted to SHNv3 (seek tables appended).
anomolies: As per the nature of this tape there are several anomolies present, cables being unplugged, hard cuts, etc. I made a few minor edits to improve the "playability" of the tape, but there are still problems.
show notes: the DAT is pretty seamless it's very difficult to tell where one soundcheck ends and another begins, as you can see in the track info I did my best to guess which check was which.
tracking note: the fileset was 88 minutes or so, so you can burn it all on one disc and leave out some banter tracks, or put it on 2 the way I've laid it out.
All edits and mastering performed in WaveLab on Doomtooth by shakedown on 10/19/03
Seeded to FurthurNet by shaft on 10/27/03
Thanks to ucusty for the DATs!
- SHN>WAV>FLAC Level 6 via Trader's Little Helper
- Tags via MediaMonkey
- Original shn md5 untouched and left in the folder
- I used the titles from this text file for the tags
- No music was harmed during the manipulation of these files
By geewiz 5/15/2012 ([email protected])
01. Dog Log
02. Sample in a Jar
03. drums check joined by Page & Trey
04. Sample in a Jar intro
05. "Paul do you want something else?" / Page checks his monitors
06. "beat of the building" / big low chord / Fish check
07. My Friend, My Friend intro
08. My Friend, My Friend intro 2
09. Cactus check
10. My Friend, My Friend (full version)
11. Cactus plays bass
12. Shaggy Dog
13. Quinn the Eskimo > Jam
14. Bass and Banter
15. Sample in // a Jar
16. "he's asking if you like it"
17. Cactus gets his tone
18. Fishman checks
19. Yamar >
20. You Can Call me Al > Yamar
21. banter about the end of Yamar
22. Dog Log (w/ painful feedback)
23. "two choruses of Bitch and we're done"
24. Funky // Bitch
01. "Hey-Hey" soundchecking
02. Guy Forget
03. Cactus solo'd
04. Guy Forget
05. "does Paul like it when there's feedback from the bass drum?"
06. learning Nellie Cane
07. Nellie Cane
08. more Kick drum
09. Nellie Cane harmonies
10. Sample in a Jar (first try)
11. Paul fixes the problem
12. Sample in a Jar