Jerry Garcia Band
Orange Community College
Source: Taped by Rick Pauline & Rob Berger, Senn 421s (20 feet in front of the board) > Sony D5; Transfer: Nakamichi Dragon playback > Digital Audio Labs Card Deluxe soundcard > Cool Edit 2000 > shntool > flac encoding > wav > slight modifications (see notes) > flac encoding. Transfer by David Minches, slight modifications by jjoops.
Disc One (6 tracks, 56:06)
01. Crowd & Tuning [0:31]
02. I'll Take a Melody [14:14] [0:13]
03. Get Out of My Life Woman [9:37] [0:05]
04. Simple Twist of Fate [12:24] [0:05]
05. That's Alright Mama [8:39] ->
06. Deal [10:10] [0:06]
Disc Two (5 tracks, 41:32)
01. Crowd & Tuning [0:14]
02. Harder They Come [13:50] [0:05]
03. When I Paint My Masterpiece [8:42] ->
04. Run for the Roses [5:14] [0:02]
05. Gomorrah [5:55] ->
06. Midnight Moonlight [7:27] [0:02]
- Great guitar tone on this tape, very low vocals and little bass to speak of. But a nice listen. Show is uneven, hot at times (Melody, That's Alright Mama), sloppy at others (Run for the Roses, Midnight Moonlight).
- The first 15 seconds of Deal patched from "Luke R."'s master, seeded by Anne Cohen (shnid=30231).
- There was a 3-second chunk of crowd noise at the start of d2 which wasn't continuous with the rest of the show. I deleted it and split the pre-set II crowd and tuning out using CDWave.