Vermont Youth Orchestra
VYO Orchestra Concert "American Masters"
2-4-01 Flynn Theater - Burlington,Vt.
Source: Schoeps CMC641 > OADE > DAP1.
EAC and re-tracking: George Lanum [email protected]
01. 02:21 Introduction
02. 04:14 Senator Speaks about Music support
03. 01:11 Troy Peters Speaks
04. 10:13 Samuel Barber - First Essay for Orchestra, Op. 1
05. 17:50 Richard Strauss - Concerto No. 1 in E flat major for Horn and
Orchestra, Op. 11
with Jocelyn Crawford, horn
06. 06:08 Ernie Stires - Chat Rooms (World Premeire)*
07. 08:25 Ernie Stires - The Blue Room*
08. 06:50 Ernie Stires - The Green Room*
09. 05:15 Ernie Stires - The Red Room*
*with Trey Anastasio, guitar
01. 00:59 Orchestral Turning
02. 01:45 Troy Peters speaks about Ernie and Samson Riffs
03. 03:29 Ernie Stires - Samson Riffs (World Premiere)**
04. 02:29 Trey Anastasio - Samson Variation "At the Barbecue"**
05. 04:23 Troy Peters - Samson Counterpoint **
with Trey Anastasio, guitar and Ernie Stires, piano
06. 00:44 Troy Peters speaks
07. 07:19 Maurice Ravel - Pavan pour une infante defunte
08. 01:33 Troy Peters speaks about Trey and Guyute
09. 14:20 Trey Anastasio - Guyute (World Premiere)
(orchestration: Trey Anastasio and Troy Peters)
12. 05:14 Trey Anastasio - The Inlaw Josey Wales
with Trey Anastasio, guitar
(arrangement: 3 violins, viola, cello, guitar)
Note: I received this in audio (no shns, I was told). It sounds pretty good, but had VERY loud clapping and by badly tracked. I pieced the show back together and retracked using my common sense. I then lower the DBs on the loud clapping segments to make for a smoother listen. All digital editing was done with Cool Edit Pro. I think this show sound great in contrast to the difficult nature of capturing an orchestral performance.