Medeski Martin & Wood
Tonic, New York City, NY
TONIC is a live album released in 2000 by MMW, and taken from performances during this extended run at the club. If you enjoy this free recording than you owe it to yourself AND the band to purchase a copy of the album, TONIC -- it sounds extraordinary! You will not be disappointed.
Details about the album can be found here:
http://www.mmw.net/index.php/music -- click on TONIC in the album list
Source: CSB > D8
Taped by DJ Steve.
Transfer: D8 > S/PDIF (Coax) > Audiophile 2496 > CoolEdit Pro 2 (48>44.1) > shn2k
Transferred by B3gROovE!
=== Acoustic Shows ===
- Early Show - D1 77:12.71
01. [16:45] - Open/Improv > Improv [@7:46] > Piano Outro >
02. [14:42] - Partido Alto > Drum Solo [@7:21] > Going Home Improv(?) [@10:14] > Piano Outro >
03. [09:28] - Caravan >
04. [16:31] - Open/Improv* > Intro to [@12:28] >
05. [10:21] - Querencia
06. [09:32] - Olde Wyne > Bass'n'Drums Outro
- Late Show - D2 78:47.04
01. [15:44] - Seven Deadlies
02. [13:21] - Toy Dancing
03. [15:41] - Your Lady (w/ Drum & Bass Solos)
04. [09:47] - Open Improv (with Chairs) >
05. [12:35] - Otis+
06. [11:44] - Psychedelic Sally (w/ Drum Solo)
* Billy on Balafon
+ 1st known performance (most likely played earlier in this March '99 Tonic run, if not during the band's early years)
ID3 TAGGED FILESET INCLUDES THESE NOTES:
[This fileset is a FLAC encoded and ID3 tagged version of http://db.etree.org/shn/12844]
Traders Little Helper used for FLAC encoding & creating checksums:
- SHN ST5 generated
- SHN > FLAC Level 8
- FLAC ST5 generated and matched to SHN ST5
MP3Tag (current version) used for all ID3 tagging:
- The metadata ID3 tags can be read by any player that plays FLAC files.
- ID3 tags will be stripped if converted to WAV, however audio data will be unaffected
Use FLAC ST5 to validate audio integrity.
(Alternatively, the FLAC FFP shows the same checksum values.)
FLAC MD5 values will change if ID3 tags are altered.
SHN MD5 & ST5 included for reference
T-FLAC16TAG.HTML uses FOLDER.JPG to display album art
T-FLAC16TAG.TXT provides a track-by-track breakdown of the fileset's ID3 tags
- by dug [crookedbirds AT gmail DOT com] 2012-11-06
shn-st5 will verify pre-tagged files
shn-md5 will verify pre-tagged files
t-flac-md5 will verify post-tagged files
t-flac-st5 will verify post-tagged files
t-flac-ffp will verify post-tagged files
The st5s contain the same checksum values for both SHN & FLAC
(the only difference being the file extension of .shn or .flac)