SRC: FOB (Sennheiser 421s > Sony D-5 (Dolby B in) > MAC) Taped by Tim Alexander
Transfer: Playback on Nakamichi DR-1 (Dolby B out) > Tascam HD-P2 (16bit/44.1khz) > WAV > FLAC
Patch SRC: FOB (Schoeps cmc4/mk2 spaced 20' > PCM > DAT > CD > EAC > FLAC)
Transferred and seeded by Bill Tetzeli ([email protected]
2. Playing in the Band >
3. Crazy Fingers >
4. Wang Dang Doodle
5. We Can Run (But We Can't Hide)
6. Tennessee Jed
7. Queen Jane Approximately
8. To Lay Me Down
9. Cassidy >
10. Don't Ease Me in
1. Friend of the Devil
2. Truckin' >
3. He's Gone >
4. Eyes of the World >
5. Drums >
6. Space >
7. The Wheel >
8. Dear Mister Fantasy > Hey Jude Refrain >
9. Sugar Magnolia
10. The Might Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)
- Friend of the Devil cuts in at the beginning. This was patched with the Schoeps source from :00 to :13
- Tape flip in Drums. This and a few seconds of slightly degraded tape at the beginning of the second side were patched with the Schoeps source, from 3:52 to 4:10.
All patches made in CE Pro with levels matched and crossfades.
Quality notes: IMHO this sounds better than the Schoeps source on archive.org (which is still excellent, and used to patch a couple of spots in the second set). First, it was taped right in the Phil zone and sounds every inch of it - it sounds like starting with Wang Dang Healy cranked up Phil and just left him there. Second, Jerry and all the other instruments sound clearer, fuller and warmer, with more definition and separation. It sounds a ghost of a hair's ghost away from being a Healy matrix.
Many thanks to Tim Alexander for lending me these phenomenal masters!